The Governor of Canada, Marquis de Vaudreuil, ordered the erection of a fort at Ticonderoga after the defeat of the French Canadian forces at the battle of Lake George. The building of Fort Carillon as it was originally named, commenced in the fall of 1755 and continued for the next 3 years. The star-shaped design followed the best tradition established by the renowned French military engineer Marquis de Vauban. The British renamed it Fort Ticonderoga after they took possession on June 27, 1759.
• French and Indian War plan of the Town and Fort Carillon at Ticonderoga, New York, 1758, Jefferys
• Fine Art Premium Giclée (Gouttelette) Print (100% cotton 340 gsm textured fine art paper)
• Made in USA