The Governor of Canada, Marquis de Vaudreuil ordered the erection of a fort at Ticonderoga after the defeat of the French Canadian forces at the battle of Lake George. Building of Fort Carillon as it was originally named, commenced in the fall of 1755 and continued for the next 3 years. The star-shaped design followed the best tradition established by the renowned French military engineer Marquis de Vauban. The British renamed it Fort Ticonderoga after they took possession on June 27, 1759.
• French and Indian War plan of Fort Carillon (Fort Ticonderoga), New York, 1758
• Title: Plan of the Town and Fort Carillon at Ticonderoga…, by Thomas Jefferys
• Fine Art Premium Giclée (Gouttelette) Print (100% cotton 340 gsm fine art paper)
• Framed: dark-burgundy wooden frame, backing, wires; ready to hang
• Made in USA