A mid-nineteenth-century view of Les Halles in Paris from Saint-Eustache. Les Halles, (known as Les Halles Centrales and also Les anciennes halles centrales), were the central market of Paris for over a century. The complex was designed by prominent Parisian architect Victor Baltard in the 1850s, and built from 1853 to 1870. Les Halles were sometimes called the “Belly of Paris” (Le Ventre de Paris), as nicknamed by Émile Zola in his 1873 novel by the same name. The current sepia-tone, chalk lithograph by Jules Arnout was created in 1861, after a drawing by Felix Benoist. The view was taken from the upper gallery of the Church of St Eustace (Saint-Eustache de Paris).
• Les Halles Centralles de Paris, fine art print of a sepia lithograph, 1861, Jules Arnout, Felix Benoist
• Fine Art Premium Giclée (Gouttelette) Print (100% cotton 340 gsm textured fine art paper)
• Made in USA