Playa de Estepona con la vista del Peñón de Gibraltar
Estepona Beach with View of the Rock of Gibraltar is an 1855 oil painting by German painter Fritz Bamberger (1814–1873). This strikingly beautiful landscape seems serene and dramatic at the same time. In his masterful use of light, shadows, and earth tones with patches of the fiery tierra roja, the iconic red soil of Málaga, the artist manages to almost hide in plain sight a figural pair, curiously reminiscent of another duo — the most famous one in Spanish literature — Cervantes’ Don Quixote and Sancho Panza. Up and to the left on the visible horizon, the composition culminates into a clear view of the famed Rock of Gibraltar.
• [ES]: Playa de Estepona con la vista del Peñón de Gibraltar, 1855, F. Bamberger, óleo sobre lienzo
• [EN]: Beach at Estepona with (a) view of the Rock of Gibraltar, 1855, F. Bamberger, oil on canvas
• Fine Art Premium Giclée (Gouttelette) Print (100% cotton 340 gsm textured fine art paper)
• Size print: 24” x 16” / 60 x 40 cm (easy to frame)
• Size image: 21.6” x 13.8” / 55 x 35 cm